- All 8 & under swimmers MUST be able to swim 25 yards on their own, and 9 & up MUST be able to swim 50 yards on their own.
- There will be NO LEARN TO SWIM option for the 2021 swim season.
- Unvaccinated swimmers 13 & up will be required to take a rapid COVID antigen test, per the MI Safer Sports Testing Program once per week. Details are still being worked out, but we anticipate no additional user fee for this testing.
- Should a swimmer test positive and/or contact tracing lead to a situation where team members are required to quarantine and unable to practice, we will not be making refunds. Our coaches are paid a salary through a contract and no refunds will be issued for this 2021 season.
- Parents will not be allowed on the pool deck to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Masks are optional out of the pool, but social distancing is required.
- We encourage bringing your own water bottle as water fountains will not be operational.
- Due to changing safety guidelines we will have up to 3 swimmers per lane. One swimmer resting on either end of the pool and the third swimmer using the lane line to rest in the middle.
- Given the limited number of swimmers per lane, the size of the 2021 team will be capped (details below).
- Competitive meets (dual and WISC) are TBD as per State/County regulations.
- Prices will be increased this year due to the limited number of swimmers per lane and the increase in practice time that will be required by our coaches and cover any operational fees required of the season.
- Volunteer point options are TBD based on the structure of the season.
- Practices will be at OHAC and Dolfin pools this season. Since the Chapel Hill pool is not available this summer,and the number of swimmers per lane is limited, practices have been extended to 9 am - 3 pm at Dolfin. OHAC will remain 9 am - 11:45 am. Practices will be 45-50 minutes long and a schedule will be published prior to registration.
- Practices will remain five days a week.
- Registration will be limited to current OHAC members, with the exception of allowing residents of Chapel Hill on our 2019 team to also join our team in 2021. Although Chapel Hill did not approve use of their pool this year, we are extending team membership to Chapel Hill residents in 2021 in hopes of resuming partnership with them next year.
- Registration will be open on May 15th at 10 am.
- Your child must be turning 5 by June 15th and be able to swim 25 yards on their own. Nine and older swimmers will need to swim 50 yards.
- There will be a preliminary schedule provided about one week prior to registration.
If you are interested in dive team only please wait to register until we can secure a practice space. For more information please contact
- Members only
- 1 Child _____________________ $250
- 2 Children __________________ $240 (Discount code MEMB2)
- 3 or more Children __________ $230 (Discount code MEMB3)
- Meets only ____________________ $125 (Discount code MEETS)
- Meets only swimmers DO NOT HAVE TO BE MEMBERS. There will be no cap on meets only swimmers since they practice at their own pools.
- Please consider your schedules carefully as we will not be offering refunds this year. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.
- There is a volunteering point system necessary to run a successful swim team and conduct meets. Since we are TBD on competitive meets, the points system may look a bit different this year as far as available jobs (timers, marshalls, concessions, etc.)
- All families must commit to volunteering or pay the $100 buyout fee, available on the registration form.
- Families whose children compete in meets will have to fulfill at least half of their points at meets. We can not stress enough how important volunteering at meets is.
- Families whose children are not competing can still volunteer at meets (a great way to see what happens at meets and how fun they are) but are not required to volunteer in that capacity.
- Practice will begin Monday June 14th. A loose practice schedule will be posted when registration opens. Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience
- Mandatory parent webinar (usually parent meeting at OHAC) will be sometime the first week of June at 7:00pm
- Topics at webinar will include:
- Introducing coaches & swim parents
- What the season will look like
- COVID safety procedures and waiver
- Wolunteer opportunities
- Suits/caps and where to find them
- Spirit wear
- Parent questions
(opens Saturday, May 15 at 10:00 am)
Meet Information (subject to change)
- Weekly dual meets
- June 26th OHAC @ Huron Valley (Backstroke)
- July 3rd OHAC @ Travis Pointe (Breaststroke)
- July 10th OHAC hosts @ Georgetown (Butterfly)
- July 17th OHAC hosts @ Dexter (Freestyle)
- July 24th OHAC @ Racquet Club (Distance)
- WISC Championships (child must compete in 2 above meets minimum to qualify for WISC, and to receive a medal):
- Monday July 26th ---- 13 & Up
- Tuesday July 27th ---- 9 & 10's
- Wednesday July 28th --- 8 & under
- Thursday July 29th --- 11 & 12 plus coach's relay
2021 Coaching Staff
We would like to welcome former Gator swimmer, Huron High School swim/water polo alum, and collegiate swimmer/water polo player, Sophie Flott as head coach of our 2021 Gators! Sophie is currently a junior at Carthage College in Wisconsin and majoring in Elementary Education with minors in Spanish and German. Sophie has been an assistant coach for OHAC during an amazing 2018 seaon and helped take our little swim club to the A league of competition. We can vouch for Sophie's kindness, dedication, love of children, and ability to help your swimmer gain the skills neede to achieve their swim goals. Sophie's favorite color is purple and favorite food is sushi!
Here are some fun facts about our assistant coaches.
Brian Moskus is a former Huron and Gator swimmer who is now a freshman at Ohio Wesleyan University. Brian is studying Business Administration and his favorite color is blue, and favorite food is chocolate chip cookies.
Faith Baker is a former Huron and Gator swimmer who is now a freshman at Hope College in Holland Michigan. Faith is majoring in Social Work and her favorite color is green and favorite food is ice cream.
Kiana Hemati is a current senior at Huron and we are looking forward to hearing where she plans to attend college, desired course of study and favorite color and food.