2022 OHAC Gator Swim Season
Swimsuit Fitting 6-8pm at Ypsilanti Running Company
Mandatory Informational Parent Meeting
Swim Practice Begins!
Swim Meet vs. Travis Pointe* (Backstroke)
Swim Meet @ Georgetown* (Breaststroke)
Swim Meet @ Dexter (Butterfly)
Swim Meet vs. Racquet Club* (Freestyle)
Swim Meet vs. Huron Valley* (Distance)
Swim Awards Banquet
- Registration will open on May 16th at 10am at www.active.com
- We are happy to welcome back the return of our "Learn to Swim" program! 8 & unders who can swim 25 yards can compete in meets (A Team), but others who are still working toward that goal can join our 8 & unders “Learn to Swim” program this year!
- OHAC T-shirts will be provided to each swimmer as part of their registration fee.
OHAC Member fees:
- 1 child, $230 (Discount code: MEMB1)
- 2 children, $220 (Discount code: MEMB2)
- 3 or more children, $210 (Discount code: MEMB3)
Non-members fees: $280
Meets only: $150 (Discount code: MEETSONLY)
Dive only: $150 (Discount code: DIVEONLY)
- Meets only/dive only swimmers do not have to be members at OHAC.
Information for Parents
Swimsuit fitting will be hosted by the Ypsilanti Running Company on Thursday, May 26 from 6-8pm.
- Light refreshments will be provided
- TYR Nebulous Diamondfit for females
- TYR Nebulous Blade Slice Jammer for males
- Introducing coaches & swim parents
- Volunteer opportunities
- Swimsuits and where to find them
- Spirit wear
- Parent questions
- Families will need to complete at least 12 volunteer points for the season. Volunteer jobs will be published on the Active site where you registered your swimmer. You must sign up on Active and check in with a swim parent to get credit for volunteering. If your task is not at a meet please email us at email@example.com when the task is complete.
- All families must commit to volunteering or pay the $125 buyout fee, available on the registration form.
- Families whose children compete in meets will have to fulfill at least half of their volunteer points at meets.
- Families whose children are not competing in the swim meets can still volunteer at swim meets but are not required to volunteer in that capacity.
Practice Information- Practices will be held daily Monday through Friday unless there is inclement weather. (Practices will occur rain or shine with the exception of thunder and lightning.)
- 8:30-9:10: Learn to Swim
- 9:20-10:10: 11 & 12s
- 10:20-11:50: 13 & Ups
- 8:30-9:20: 8 & under "B"/non-meet swimmers
- 9:30-10:20: 8 & under "A"/meet swimmers
- 10:30-11:20: 9 & 10s
- Swimmers must compete in at least 2 of the dual meets listed above to qualify for WISC and to receive a medal.
- WISC Swim Championships will likely be held at Skyline High School.
- The meet starts at 9:00am every day with warm-up at 8:00am.
- Monday, July 25: 13 & Up
- Tuesday, July 26: 9 &10
- Wednesday, July 27: 8 & Under
- Thursday, July 28: 11 &12 (plus Coaches' Relay)
2022 Coaching Staff
We are happy to welcome the return of Sophie Flott as our head coach! Sophie was a Gator swimmer, Huron High School swim/water polo alum, and collegiate swimmer/water polo player. Sophie graduated this May from Carthage College and is super excited to be going to Germany next year on a Fulbright grant. Sophie has a strong dedication and love of children and has the ability to help your swimmer gain the skills needed to achieve their swim goals. Her favorite candy is any sour gummies!
Here are some fun facts about our assistant and junior coaches:
Faith Baker: Hi Gators! I just finished my sophomore year of college. I was an OHAC swimmer from age 5-18, and I have been a part of the coaching staff since I was 12. My favorite kind of candy is Yorks, and my favorite kind of weather is rain. Looking forward to a great season!
Zannah Baker: Hi! My name is Zannah and this will be my first year as an official coach for OHAC but I have volunteered since I was 11. I swam on this team all my life and I am so excited to be a coach! This fall, I am going into my freshman year at the University of Michigan. My favorite candy is pretzel m&ms!
Kiana Hemati: Hi! My name is Kiana and this will be my second year coaching with OHAC. I have been swimming with the team since I was 12 and I’m super pumped to be back for another summer. I am going into my Sophomore year at Michigan State this fall. One of my favorite candies is Twix!
Drew Lindstrom: Hi! I just graduated from Huron High School and this will be my second year coaching. I have been a part of OHAC for 13 years and have many pool records (most ice cream eaten, alleged best cannonball, most times whistled at). I love swimming and look forward to teaching your kids!
Alex Moskus: Hello! I am a rising senior at Huron High school and I’m on the swim and water polo team. My favorite candy is Sour Patch Watermelons. I grew up swimming and going to OHAC every summer that I can remember. I look forward to working with your kids to develop strong swimmers and strong relationships in the OHAC community!
If you have any questions about the swim team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the dive team, please email email@example.com.